Calpe is an ideal family holiday destination, so let's take a look at 10 things to do with kids in Calpe!
1. Enjoy nature with children in Calpe
If you think of Calpe, surely you also think of its impressive Peñón. Did you know that there is a trail that goes to the top of the Peñón d'Ifach? We do not recommend doing it with small children, in fact it is not allowed to go up with minors, but you can get to the tunnel, an excursion that is also worth the effort. There is a car park at the beginning of the route.
Please note that you have to book if you want to climb the Peñón d'Ifach as there is a limit of 300 visitors per day.
2. Visit the Calpe Salt Flats
In addition to visiting the Peñón d'Ifach you can visit the salt flats of Calpe. These salt plains were formed millions of years ago and have been exploited as a salt industry in the past. Nowadays it is an ideal place for bird watching as many migratory birds spend a season here, even flamingos! Las Salinas de Calpe are very close to the Natural Park of Peñón de Ifach.
3. Going swimming in Calpe with children
Calpe is known for its beaches: it has 13 kilometres of coastline with 14 beaches and coves. Enough places to enjoy a swim with children. We recommend visiting the beaches of Arenal-Bol and La Fossa-Levante if you like urban beaches with fine sand.
You shouldn't miss out on a swim in Los Baños de la Reina. It is quite an experience to be able to bathe amidst Roman architectural remains.
4. Visit the old town of Calpe
Many people are surprised to find out that Calpe has a beautiful old town centre. The old town of Calpe is located about two kilometres from the coast. There is a marked tourist route that runs through the streets and past ancient buildings such as churches, walls and Roman ruins.
Other things to do with children in Calpe
Of course there are other many things to do with children in Calpe.
5. Discover Calpe with a fun treasure hunt for families. Walk through the streets of Calpe to discover the solutions of the treasure hunt.
Afterwards, go to the Tourist Office and... PICK UP YOUR GIFT!!!
6. Solve the mystery of the lost hat with an interactive guide where you can experience audiovisual content and augmented reality. "Don Pedro de Berenger" will accompany you during your visit. Together with this sailor who travelled in the good old days, you will discover the most unusual places in the city.
7. Go to the fish auction at the fish market in the port of Calpe. The auction takes place from Monday to Friday at around 5 p.m. and lasts about two hours.
8. Climb the Morro de Toix and enjoy the views. The Morro de Toix is a cape that separates the bays of Calpe and Altea. It is a hiking route of about 3 kilometres.
9. Take an unforgettable boat trip with underwater views from the port of Calpe (only in summer).
10. Play in the main square
Where to stay in Calpe with children
The Suitopia Hotel in Calpe is ideal for families with young children and teens. They offer entertainment and games for all ages. The Kids Club is equipped with 3 entertainment rooms divided by age, a games area with the latest generation video consoles, virtual reality, F1 simulator, mobile platform and interactive projector for small children.
The hotel has 4 swimming pools, two of them are for children; one with slides and the other with the Bubble, the only installation like this in the Comunitat Valenciana.