Benicàssim with its good climate and numerous activities for families is a perfect destination for a holiday with children. We will tell you which beaches to visit, activities to do and which accommodations are especially designed for families.
Benicàssim has more than 6 kilometres of beaches. There are a total of 5 fantastic beaches, which makes Benicàssim an ideal destination for holidays with children.
The five beaches of Benicàssim are: Heliópolis, Els Terrers, Torre Sant Vicent, Almadrava and Voramar.
- Heliópolis: This beach borders the entire promenade of Benicàssim and is a beach where activities such as gymnastics on the beach are organised in summer, as well as leisure activities such as movies on the beach.
- Els Terrers: This is an ideal beach for learning to sail as it is the location of the sailing school Escola de la Mar.
- Torreón: Named after the magnificent watchtower "Torre Sant Vicent". It is one of the busiest beaches during the summer period. In summer many activities and events are organised on this beach.
- Almadrava: This accessible beach has boardwalks to the shore, changing rooms, toilets and amphibious chairs with qualified staff to enable people with reduced mobility to bathe.
- Voramar: A quiet beach with views of the early 20th century villas for which Benicàssim was known as the Valencian Biarritz.
Child-friendly activities in Benicàssim
Visiting the Aquarama water park in Benicàssim in summer is a great plan especially for children. This water park has attractions for children of all ages. It also has the longest capsule slide in Europe. Aquarama is open from early June and you can purchase your tickets online.
El parque del Trenet
Younger children will have a great time at the Parc del Trenet, where the whole family can take a ride around the park in the small carriage of a model train. In July and August you can enjoy a ride on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 18:00 to 21:00. The rest of the year the rides are on Sunday mornings.
With the year-round activity programme that Benicàssim offers you can discover this town and its nature in a different and fun way. In summer there are guided tours, hiking routes under the starlight, children's activities.
Naturaleza en familia
For those who like to discover nature with the family, Benicàssim also has some very good options. One of them is the Via Verde: a plain trail of 5.8 kilometres to explore by bike or on foot, which connects Benicàssim with Oropesa del Mar following the old railway line.
There are also different hiking or cycling routes through the Desierto de las Palmas Natural Park, where you can climb up to its peaks, La Mola del Morico (694 m) and El Bartolo (729 m), and enjoy a panoramic view of the coast; and, for the more daring, the Santa Águeda Needles path, a 10 km route with a 482 m drop, which will allow the adventurous to contemplate some of the most emblematic surroundings of Benicàssim.
Family Accommodation Benicàssim
Among our hotel offer in Benicàssim, Hotel Intur Orange is especially suitable for families, as it has large playgrounds, children's pool and adult pool. They also help with the organisation of activities. They will advise you on how to rent bicycles to cycle around the area, book football pitches, go scuba diving, spend a day at the Aquarama water park, go on an excursion in the Desierto de las Palmas...
Another hotel in Benicàssim designed for families is Hotel Bersoca. Hotel Bersoca is a charming 2-star hotel in a privileged location in the town of Benicàssim. It has an outdoor terrace with a pleasant swimming pool, with a shallower area for small children.
If you prefer to go camping, we recommend the Bonterra Resort, an ideal campsite for families. You can choose to rent a pitch or a bungalow. The campsite has an entertainment programme for children and is 300 metres from the Almadrava beach. Children will have a great time at the swimming pool and playgrounds.